Thursday, February 21, 2013

Still on for Sunday...

Well, its still on-going.  :) The lady emailed me to say that she found a trailer for sunday if I'm still up to it.
I'm worried sick. We went up Monday and came back empty handed. He's a small horse but not sure of his size, he may be a small horse and not a mini at all. Not like it matters one way or another. I'm a bit of a mutt myself, I won't discriminate. So, I get out there and the husband is holding a preposterously small halter in his hand. I look at both horse and goat and decide the halter MIGHT fit the goat but there's no way it's going on Willow. Which tells me also that they neglected to say anything about the fact that he's likely not even been in a halter since babyhood. I'm gonna have my work cut out for me. He's more wild than tame and the little pygmy goat is a spazz! I think I saw its hooves touch ground a couple of times while we were there! That one is gonna be a challenge!
Willow looked okay. He was standing in a mud pit so no clue on his feet but there were also more pressing issues like the fact that he was scared silly. Apparently the owner slaughtered a pig in the same enclosure and it was hanging up, bleeding out in the falling down barn that horse, goat and piggy shared. (Face palm... who slaughters an animal with other animals present? Who attempts to load a horse in a trailer while wearing blood covered boots and coveralls?) Criminy...
Anyway, they tell me they will bring them on Sunday... we shall see. IF it does in fact happen on sunday, I intend to put both in the enclosure with lots of fresh water and food, bedding and so forth and try to bring a sense of peace and calm.
The poor babies were as wild eyed as you can imagine. No food anywhere at all that I could see. Mud about 6 inches deep, everywhere.
That was Monday and I havent heard anything back from her since monday night. I said of course, we were still up for it and offered to meet her as early as yesterday to bring her feed for them if she needed it. I know she needed it, it was obvious, but she hasn't emailed back. So, here I sit, worrying over whether or not they eat this week at all. It snowed hard tuesday, so there's that. I would assume standing on snow might be easier on the feet than standing in mud...maybe...
Dang, huh?
I am trying hard not to be annoyed with people, as that serves no purpose and I am fully aware that people sometimes get in over their heads. This is clearly a case of that. I just want to get them here so they can dry out and eat and not be terrified!
Thanks for listening...
Good Blessings,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment